Friday, April 2, 2010

I don't feel like posting...

...but I really don't have anything else that I feel like doing except maybe cleaning, knitting, or playing my flute. Unfortunately, it's a little late to play my flute. What can I say, I'm a considerate neighbor?

So, alas, I find myself catching up on some posts. I finally broke down and put up some pictures of my brown shantung (polyester :( ) dress that I made. It's a Simplicity pattern- if you like it let me know and I'll tell you the number. The pattern was actually fairly easy to work. I opted to put in an invisible zipper instead of a normal zipper. I prefer it, and believe that it's easier to do. The best part about it is that it's a fully lined dress. I love lined clothes- it's such a finished look. It definitely kicks up the sewing a notch or too! Oh, and this had ruffles to make the dress fuller! I love ruffles!

I also finished my Easter dress (New Look Pattern) today and have included those pictures in this post as well. Admittedly, the pictures aren't very inspiring and the dresses would look WAY better if they weren't on a hangar. I'm just in one of those moods where I don't even feel like putting forth that much effort. Going back to the dress...the dress boasts a lined bodice, invisible zipper, and cute lavender buttons shaped like roses to match the fabric (linen).




No comments:

Post a Comment