Saturday, April 24, 2010

I can be sneaky

Last night I made steak, baked potatoes, and carrots with maple syrup for dinner. Well, that's what my husband thought anyway.

He however is slightly misguided. I did not make carrots with maple syrup; I actually made carrots vichy (carrots cooked in water, butter, and honey). He had no idea that he ate a dish with honey and liked it! As an aside, my husband has some food issues that are borderline blasphemous.  The fact that I was able to pull of the recipe is a victory.

I found the recipe while going through Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions, which is an excellent resource of nutritional information, culturing and fermenting, and recipes.

P.S. I didn't lie to him at all about maple syrup carrots. I just told him we were having carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment