Sunday, April 28, 2013

GAPs Diet Update: 4 Months Down

As April comes to a close, so does my fourth straight month on the GAPs Diet. There have been good days and bad days. But through all the trials, like having to make normal chocolate chip cookies (or anything with chocolate for that matter) for the hubby to take into work, the diet on the whole is helping my psoriasis to heal. A lot.

Here are pictures from last year after being diagnosed with psoriasis.





Here is what they look like today.


Normal! My hands look normal! I still have some patches elsewhere that are healing as well. Pretty soon I will be all normal externally.

And here's what I looked like before GAPs:

And here is what I look like today:

I know, I know, I didn't do a full smile.
I feel pretty good, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm not eating enough fats. I put coconut oil in my soup, and drench veggies in ghee, but I still don't feel as satiated as if I could use butter, cream, or sour cream. I'm eagerly waiting for the day I can start to reintroduce dairy. It will open up so many more recipes and add additional fats to my diet.

I also still have an issue with having too much coconut (I think it's related to salicylates), which limits my options and the fats that I can eat. I know that in time things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment