Thursday, January 17, 2013

Artichoke Soup and Carrot Juice

I am continuing on in my GAPs introductory diet, and am doing well. I was feeling really good with tons of energy, and then I upped my probiotic increase. That predictably caused more die off, which is leaving me tired and the psoriasis spots redder, but it must be done!

On the plus side, I made a really delicious soup that my mom told me how to make. It's a creamed artichoke soup. I made it as follows (it was to the best of my recollection):

3 cans of artichokes (drained of liquid)
2 quarts of chicken stock
1 large garlic clove
Ghee

I put the garlic clove through a garlic press, and then sauteed it in ghee. Then I added the canned artichoke and chicken stock. I let that simmer for about 15 minutes and then pureed it. It was awesome! I'm going to be making it again, and this time I'll be trying it with fresh artichokes.

I also made some carrot juice with my new juicer. Wow! Did it taste good! I used organic carrots and they are very sweet. I could only enjoy 2 tsps. per the GAPs diet introduction. Tomorrow I should be able to enjoy more.

No comments:

Post a Comment