Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blocking and Books


Blocking is the process of moistening knitted pieces and shaping them and then allowing them to dry and thus maintain that shape. There are two different methods that I am aware of: wet blocking and steam blocking. I am wet blocking this evening.

I am experimenting with blocking tonight. I knitted a swatch (and actually completed it this time) for the neckwarmer I intend to make for my husband, sister-in-law, and brother. The latter two will be Christmas gifts.

I went to the library today to get a few knitting books. I took out some really cool books.

Ultimate Knitting Bible: A truly great reference for all things knitting.

Teach Yourself Visually Knitting: Awesome book with very detailed instructions on knitting. Very easy to understand.

Vogue Knitting Stitchionary, Volumes 1 and 2. These books are awesome! Volume 1 contains tons and tons of different types of stitches using the knit & purl. Volume 2 is devoted entirely to cable knitting. This is something that I definitely plan to add to my library.

Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters: this book has some really cool patterns. I am absolutely in love with the tube top/bolero set. I think I might want to add this to my library as well- but it's not as essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment